Saturday, October 10, 2015

Grateful.

Today I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, and while I would be beyond happy that it was raining, today was not the day. My best friend was in town and we were headed out for breakfast, and then my family was going to the pumpkin patch a couple hours away. We all sucked it up and headed out in hopes it would not downpour the whole time we were at the pumpkin patch. Almost 5 minutes into the ride, a very sleepy, and a little bit sick, Parker started getting fussy. At first I just figured he would cry for a minute then fall asleep, since he was long overdue for a nap after going out for breakfast. 10, 15, 30 minutes passed and he was still crying (screaming), and nothing was getting him to stop. In this moment I was also in tears, tired of hearing him cry, feeling bad I made him go when he was getting a cold, and just wishing he would fall asleep. Finally after pulling over, feeding him, putting him back in his carseat and letting him cry for another ten minutes, he FINALLY went to sleep and stayed asleep until we got there. It poured a majority of the way there, but started lightening up when we got there.

Let me just say, all the crying and screaming on the trip was well worth it. My heart is so full with love from today, I am so incredibly grateful for my whole family. After the meltdown on the way there, the rest of the day parker was just full of smiles, and flirty eyes, and overall just my littl eball of sunshine on this rainy day. We looked at goats and chickens, he was a bit scared of both.

 We searched for a pumpkin, and he took a ride with his cousin in a little wagon and fell asleep within minutes, but then woke up when the ride got a bit too bumpy for him.

And then we went to an amazing pizza place, and Parker found himself a girlfriend. Sitting in his highchair, all of a sudden he spotted a waitress and could not stop staring and smiling and doing flirty eyes. This same thing happened this morning when I went out to breakfast. I can tell this boy is gonna give me some troubles!

Overall just looking back, this morning was all sorts of stressful, and in that moment I just could not see past it, but gosh, I am just the luckiest mama to have Parker.

And even with his runny nose and drooly mouth, I just wanna kiss his face all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment