Sunday, August 23, 2015

5 things that have helped me survive the past 5 months

Parker makes being a mom easier than I thought. He mainly only cries when he is hungry, pooped, or tired. Other than that he is a happy loving baby, but of course there are things that have made being a first time mama a little bit easier.

1.Fisher Price Swing
This item was a lifesaver during nap time, and sometimes even bedtime during the first couple months. At first the only way to get parker to take a nap was to set him in the swing, set it to the fastest setting, and turn on the music. He would nap for 2, sometimes 3 hours in this thing. Parker has unfortunately grown out of it and does not quite enjoy it anymore, but I swear by this item, especially when your arms get tired from bouncing around the room with your baby. Fisher Price Rock 'n Play.

2. Fisher Price Rock 'n Play
For the first 3 or so months parker slept right next to my bed in his rock 'n play. This not only comforted me knowing he was okay and right by my side, it also helped with the constant night time feedings. He enjoyed this up until he tried rolling to his stomach in it which, well, doesn't quite workout. It is nice and portable so that in the first few weeks when they are napping constantly you can bring it downstairs or to other rooms to keep an eye on that sweet sleeping babe. 

3. Ingenuity automatic baby bouncer
A nice cozy baby bouncer that you do not have to keep bouncing with your foot. It was a heartbeat bounce and another setting, it plays music and nature sounds that soothe a fussy baby. Again its portable so you can bring it to any room. Many times I would bring it to the dinner table so I could put parker down and have a chance to eat. Again, I had to stop using it because he was constantly trying to roll over in it, but I do miss it very much. 

4. Rockabye Baby
This is a more recent favorite! If you haven't heard of rockabye baby yet I HIGHLY recommend you take a listen to it. They have done lullaby renditions of pretty much everything from Madonna to Kanye to ACDC. My little one turns quiet as soon as he hears the bells from these renditions, and I enjoy them because their songs I would be listening to anyway. 

5. Graco Comfortsport Convertible Carseat 
Im not sure what it was, but Parker absolutely hated his small Britax carseat. It was a typical small carseat that could click in to his stroller nice and easy. But for some reason any time he was put in it, after maybe 5 minutes he would scream his head off, and it would last the entire car ride. Since he is growing so fast I decided to buy a convertible carseat and eventually decided on the Graco Comfortsport. It had great reviews, it is safe, I love the black and red, and it had a cupholder (which doesn't matter now, but I will love it when he is a little older). And I'm telling you, he never cries when he is sitting in it. I think he loves the new height, how he sits upright, and how much more room he has. Really, We were out running errands to Costco and to pick up dinner, and when we got home I realized he had blown out a diaper. He didn't even care he was just enjoying his time in his carseat. In the old car seat, all hell would have broken loose. 

I think I will start making this a month by month thing. Anything that made life easier for the month. This one obviously includes things from earlier in his life, but they were just such important things at the time I had to let everyone know of course! 

Thankyou for reading xoxo, 



No comments:

Post a Comment